Wednesday 16 November 2016

Man digs his own grave

Man digs his own grave

Jimmy Kickham always said that he would dig his own grave when he hit 90 years old so with his birthday around the corner it just seemed the logical thing to do. 
The construction worker, who is from Souris West in Canada, has been digging his whole life and took his digger to the cemetery of St Alexis church last week to complete the job.
Far from a novice, the 89-year-old owned his own construction company for more than half a century and has also dug dozens of graves.

MORE: This UK woman swears drinking sperm every morning gives her extra energy
‘I love digging,’ he told CBC.
‘One day I was digging graves and I just thought I’d do my own if I lived to be 90, so I’m 90 years of age and it’s already done.’
Not surprisingly, his decision raised a few eyebrows when he told his family.
MAKE COOL CASH WITH ONLINE SURVEYS
‘[They] kind of looked at me, “What are you talking about?” I said, “No, I mean it” So they agreed then,’ he said.
‘And then I seen the priest first and then the undertaker and got the measurements, although I knew the measurements from the ones I dug before.’
The five foot deep hole has since had a pine box placed in it and been covered with soil.
Click here to Purchase your stylish Bags and shoes fast 
jimmy-kickham-next-to-his-grave
Jimmy Kickham next to his grave (Picture: CBC)
When it is ready to be used the top soil will be removed and the casket lowered into the pine box.
Although he’s had some strange reactions, as far as the 89-year-old is concerned it is one less thing for his family to do.
TO GET THAT DREAM PHONE CLICK HERE
‘They’ll know it’s already done for me so they wont have to worry. Just a matter of taking the top off off, opening it up, and that’s it,’ he added.
‘The grandchildren will know that their grandfather dug his own grave with his own backhoe at the age of 90. So that’ll be something for them to carry around, won’t it?’
PLEASE TAKE A MIN TO SHARE POSTS 
You may also like :
 

No comments:

Post a Comment